What is the mission of the Young Conservatives Coalition?
The Young Conservatives Coalition is a DC-based, young professional conservative leadership, educational and networking association dedicated to fostering valuable working relationships within the conservative movement. YCC organizes the annual “Buckley Awards” ceremony – the most prestigious awards for young professional conservatives in the country, and the annual Reaganpalooza confab on Saturday evening during CPAC weekend.
What programs does the YCC implement?
The Young Conservatives Coalition is an event-driven organization that hosts many popular events throughout the year to fulfill its mission, including:
- Buckley Awards (Fall) - The annual Young Conservative Leadership William F. Buckley, Jr. Awards, or the “Buckley Awards”, are given out annually to a select group of five young professional conservatives for significant achievements in advancing the conservative movement. The awards are in honor of William F. Buckley, Jr. – the patron saint of the conservative movement who started National Review and wrote God & Man at Yale all before the age of 30. The ceremony is usually held in November.
- Reaganpalooza (Spring – CPAC Weekend) - Reaganpalooza is the largest annual social gathering of young professional conservatives in Washington, DC celebrating the legacy of President Ronald Reagan. Thousands of attendees have participated over the last decade and it always occurs on the Saturday evening during the annual national CPAC conference. The 12th Annual Reaganpalooza will take place on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
- Job Fair (Occasional) - From time to time, YCC assists in organizing one of the largest political conservative job fairs in DC to help young professionals get jobs and internships on and off Capitol Hill with political center-right organizations.
- Professional Development & Networking Events (Seasonal) - YCC occasionally hosts young professional networking events, including happy hours, public policy symposia, debates, movie premieres, etc. If you or your organization are interested in having YCC help you organize an event in line with our mission, please contact us at [email protected] with your proposal.
Previous event sponsors include (sample list):
- Access National Bank
- Active Engagement
- American Conservative Union
- America’s Future Foundation
- Capus Reform
- Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute
- College Republican National Committee
- Conservative Book Club
- The Daily Caller
- DC Young Republicans
- Eberle Communications Group
- Entertainment Software Association
- First Friday
- Generation Opportunity
- The Heritage Foundation: Young Leaders Program
- Hillsdale College’s Kirby Center
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- The Leadership Institute
- Let Freedom Ring
- Liberty Alliance
- National Blogger Club (“Blog Bash”)
- Network for enlightened Women
- R Street Institute
- Radio America
- Reason Foundation
- Red Alert Politics
- Republican National Committee
- Shaun McCutcheon
- Students for Life of America
- Washington Examiner
- The Washington Free Beacon
- The Washington Times
- The Weekly Standard
- WMAL DC Talk Radio 105.9FM/630AM
- Young Americans for Freedom
- Young Republican National Federation
Who comprises the membership of YCC?
The YCC consists of over 3,500 energetic, knowledgeable and dedicated young professional conservatives between the ages of 21-45 who represent leading political center-right organizations on an off Capitol Hill. People join formally (via the website or Facebook group page) or attend YCC events informally to network and connect with other young professionals for the purposes of networking, making new friends, touching base with old friends, learn more about conservatism and enjoy life outside of the office!
Why was the YCC created?
Soon after the 2008 presidential election, an array of young professional conservatives met in our nation’s capitol and felt more was needed to be done to ensure the sustainability of the intellectual and political tradition of the conservative movement for a new generation. The idea was simple – connect young professional conservatives to build valuable working relationships and serve as an umbrella organization for leading young political center-right groups in an effort to open lines of communication. Through these relationships and our leadership and education programming, a new generation of thoughtful and activist conservatives would have the foundation and network ready to successfully advance the conservative movement in the 21st century.
What makes the YCC unique and distinct from other young conservative organizations?
The YCC is one of the largest associations of young professional conservatives, primarily in the Washington, DC area, and organizes some of the largest social and professional networking events in DC. It also promotes a constitutional conservative philosophy based on America’s “First Principles” and Ronald Reagan’s “3-Legged Stool” of conservatism, focusing on a philosophical fusion of economic, social and national security conservatism.
While other youth and young professional center-right groups focus on political activity, the YCC’s mission is to educate and connect young professional conservatives to build valuable working relationships to advance the conservative cause. Additionally, the YCC is not another “Young Republican” group with state chapters around the country, but many of our members could be members of such groups. The Young Conservatives Coalition is registered as a 501(c)6 organization.
For further questions, media inquiries, or to have YCC sponsor an event, whom should I contact?
Please email [email protected]. For the YCC to consider sponsoring an event, please provide us with as much information as possible in your proposal.