What is the mission of the Young Conservatives Coalition?
The Young Conservatives Coalition is a DC-based, young professional conservative leadership, educational and networking organization dedicated to initiating and fostering valuable working relationships for professional development to advance the conservative movement.
What programs does the YCC implement?
The Young Conservatives Coalition is an event-driven organizaiton that hosts many popular events and an educational fellowship throughout the year to fulfill its mission, including:
- Young Conservative Leaders Fellowship (Spring/Summer) This annual program is a unique six-month fellowship that educates a select group young professional conservatives on the intellectual foundations and political history of the conservative movement. Through monthly meetings and assigned readings our fellows interact with high-profile leaders representing the major branches of the cosnervative movement. Previous speakers include Grover Norquist, Jonah Goldberg, Edwin Meese, Tony Perkins, Leonard Leo and Donald Rumsfeld. Applications will be available in January 2014.
- Buckley Awards (Fall) The annual Young Conservative Leadership “Buckley Awards” are given out annually to a select group of five young professional conservatives for significant achievements in advancing the conservative movement. The awards are in honor of William F. Buckley, Jr. – the patron saint of the conservative movement who started National Review and wrote God & Man at Yale all before the age of 30. The ceremony is usually held in November.
- Reaganpalooza (Spring – CPAC Weekend) Reaganpalooza is the largest annual social gathering of young professional conservatives in Washington, DC celebrating the legacy of President Ronald Reagan. Over 1,000 attendees participated last year and always occurs on the Saturday evening during the annual national CPAC conference. The 10th Annual Reaganpalooza will take place on Saturday, March 8, 2014.
- Job Fair (Fall) YCC organized one of the largest political conservative job fairs in the city last year, with The Leadership Institute, to help fellow young professionals get jobs and internships with political center-right organizations. YCC plans on organizing another job fair again next year.
- Professional Development & Networking Events (Seasonal) YCC occassionally hosts professional development and networking events, including a DC-wide summer fellowship happy hour, public policy panels with organizations such as The Heritage Foundation, has helped promote movie premiers, hosted the non-PC holiday party “Christmukkahkwanzaavus,” and cosponsors happy hours with organizations around DC to promote fellowship, conservatism, and professional networking.
Previous event sponsors include:
- The Weekly Standard
- Washington Examiner
- Washington Free Beacon
- The Daily Caller
- WMAL DC Talk Radio 630AM/105.9FM
- The Washington Times, and others!
- Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute
- College Republican National Committee
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Labels & Lists
- The Leadership Institute
- Students for Life of America
- American Conservative Union
- America’s Future Foundation
- Young Republican National Federation
- Young Americans for Freedom, and others!
Who comprises the membership of YCC?
The YCC has united a diverse group of over 3,000 energetic, hard-working and dedicated young professional conservatives between the ages of 21-40 who represent leading political center-right organizations on an off Capitol Hill. People join formally (via the website or Facebook group page) or attend YCC events informally to network and connect with other young professionals for the purposes of networking, making new friends, touching base with old friends, learn more about conservatism and enjoy life outside of the office!
Why was the YCC created?
Soon after the 2008 presidential election, an array of young professional conservatives met in our nation’s capitol and felt more was needed to be done to ensure the sustainability of the intellectual and political achievements of the conservative movement for a new generation. The idea was simple – connect young professional conservatives to build valuable working relationships and serve as an umbrella organization for leading young political center-right groups in an effort to open lines of communication. Through these relationships and our leadership and education programming, a new generation of thoughtful and activist conservatives would have the foundation and network ready to successfully advance the conservative movement in the 21st century.
What makes the YCC unique and distinct from other young conservative organizations?
The YCC is one of the largest associations of young professional conservatives in the Washington, DC area and organizes some of the largest social and professional networking events in DC. It also promotes a constitutional conservative philosophy based on America’s “First Principles” and Ronald Reagan’s “3-Legged Stool” of conservatism, focusing on a philosophical fusion of economic, social and national security conservatism. While other youth and young professional center-right groups focus on political activity, the YCC’s mission is to connect young professional conservatives to build valuable working relationships to advance the conservative cause and/or for job-seeking purposes. Additionally, the YCC is not another “Young Republican” group with state chapters around the country, but many of our members could be members of such groups. The Young Conservatives Coalition is registered as a 501(c)6 organization.
For further questions, media inquiries, or to have YCC sponsor an event, whom should I contact?
Please email Info@TheYCC.org. For the YCC to consider sponsoring an event, please provide us with as much information as possible in your proposal.