2014 Fellowship Application – YCC Fellowship – Application (2014) (DUE: Monday, March 3rd, 2014) – UPDATED
The Young Conservative Leaders Fellowship is a unique six-month program that will train young professional conservatives on the intellectual foundations of political conservatism. The goal of the fellowship is to equip a new generation of leaders with an understanding of the “fusionist” conservative philosophy (economic, social, national security, and constitutional) and to encourage application of those principles in the modern political landscape.
Through monthly meetings and readings, our fellows will interact with high profile leaders representing the major branches of the conservative movement. Fellows will meet over dinner with our guest speakers to discuss contemporary political issues and explore conservative solutions to them. An in-depth discussion of the assigned readings will follow.
This program is sponsored by the Young Conservatives Coalition – a DC-based, young professional conservative leadership, educational and networking organization dedicated to initiating and fostering valuable working relationships for professional development to advance the conservative movement. The YCC is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization and hosts various events throughout the year, including the annual Buckley Awards and Reaganpalooza.
FELLOWSHIP CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be between the ages of 21-40
- Must attend ALL sessions for full credit
- Must read all assigned readings before monthly sessions
- Must have an thoughtful, ecumenical, and irenic disposition towards conservatism
To apply for the fellowship program, please submit application package to Info@TheYCC.org by no later than Monday, March 3, 2014 – UPDATED. A completed package will include the following:
- A completed application
- An attached headshot photograph
- A detailed resume highlighting your professional and conservative political background
- A one-page essay describing your general political philosophy, your intellectual influences (leaders, philosophers, books, etc.), and how you believe the fellowship will help you
- At least one recommendation letter, either from an employer or someone who can attest to your political conservative commitment
Grover Norquist(President, Americans for Tax Reform)
Donald Rumsfeld (Former U.S. Secretary of Defense)
Jonah Goldberg (Editor, National Review Online)
Edwin Meese (Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow, The Heritage Foundation)
Tony Perkins (President, Family Research Council)
Leonard Leo (Executive Vice President, The Federalist Society)