Who comprises the membership of YCC?
The YCC consists of over 3,000 energetic, hard-working and dedicated young professional conservatives between the ages of 21-45 who represent leading political center-right organizations on an off Capitol Hill. People join formally (via the website or Facebook group page) or attend YCC events informally to network and connect with other young professionals for the purposes of networking, making new friends, touching base with old friends, learn more about conservatism and enjoy life outside of the office!
The Young Conservatives Coalition is an event-driven organizaiton that hosts many popular events and an educational fellowship throughout the year to fulfill its mission, including:
- Young Conservative Leaders Fellowship (Spring/Summer) - This annual program is a unique six-month fellowship that educates a select group of young professional conservatives on the intellectual foundations and political history of the conservative movement. Through monthly meetings and assigned readings, our fellows interact with high-profile leaders representing the major branches of the the conservative movement. Previous speakers include Grover Norquist, Jonah Goldberg, Donald Rumsfeld, Edwin Meese, Tony Perkins, Yuval Levin, George Nash, Lee Edwards, Leonard Leo, Randy Barnett and Charles Murray. Applications will be available in January 2015.
- Buckley Awards (Fall) - The annual Young Conservative Leadership William F. Buckley, Jr. Awards, or the “Buckley Awards”, are given out annually to a select group of five young professional conservatives for significant achievements in advancing the conservative movement. The awards are in honor of William F. Buckley, Jr. – the patron saint of the conservative movement who started National Review and wrote God & Man at Yale all before the age of 30. The ceremony is usually held in November.
- Reaganpalooza (Spring – CPAC Weekend) - Reaganpalooza is the largest annual social gathering of young professional conservatives in Washington, DC celebrating the legacy of President Ronald Reagan. Over 1,000 attendees participated last year and it always occurs on the Saturday evening during the annual national CPAC conference. The 11th Annual Reaganpalooza will take place on Saturday, February 28, 2014.
- Job Fair (Fall) - From time to time, YCC assists in organizing one of the largest political conservative job fairs in the city to help young professionals get jobs and internships on and off Capitol Hill with political center-right organizations.
- Professional Development & Networking Events (Seasonal) - YCC occassionally hosts professional development and networking events, including a DC-wide summer fellowship happy hour, public policy panels with organizations such as The Heritage Foundation, has helped promote movie premiers, hosted the non-PC holiday party “Christmukkahkwanzaavus,” and cosponsors happy hours with organizations around DC to promote fellowship, conservatism, and professional networking.
Previous event sponsors include (sample list):
- American Conservative Union
- America’s Future Foundation
- Clare Booth Luce Policy Institute
- College Republican National Committee
- The Daily Caller
- DC Young Republicans
- Donald J. Trump & The Trump Organization
- Generation Opportunity
- Hillsdale College’s Kirby Center
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Labels & Lists (L2)
- The Leadership Institute
- Liberty Alliance
- National Blogger Club (“Blog Bash”)
- Network for enlightened Women
- Red Alert Politics
- Republican National Committee
- Shaun McCutcheon
- Students for Life of America
- Washington Examiner
- The Washington Free Beacon
- The Washington Times
- The Weekly Standard
- WMAL DC Talk Radio
- Young Americans for Freedom
- Young Republican National Federation